Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 7 of No Service but Day 9 of me not working, personally

For me, Sundays and Mondays were my days off. and after the weirdest Friday and Saturday night at work of my life, the 13th and 14th, the end of the last week I'd be working - for an indeterminable amount of time... I bonded with my fellow service industry workers over some of our last pints out, and sequestered away we went. 'The killing time... unwillingly mine...' it's been a lot of time to process, to listen to myself, to find out things I've ignored about myself that I'm frustrated I've been too flustered to realize ... but I'm honestly coming back to feeling a little more human / myself, through this, as scary of a situation it seems. I'm used to be being by myself, and I actually kind of feel for people who don't know how to feel comfortable by themselves, with just, themselves. No pets, no people, no distractions involving money or gambling or sports --- just to simply reconnect with ourselves might be the finest silver lining in the silver linings of this disastrous debacle. oh, I've got plenty of time oh, I've got light in my eyes - Talking Heads, revised for single people

No comments: