Saturday, December 25, 2010

I wish I had a river, I could skate away on...

I have a month to figure out where I'm going and what path I'm going to take. While my dad really wants me to go to Indiana, I wish I could find something on the east coast that was arguable enough for me to stay... that'd be wonderful. I really wish I could nomad for a while and pay my way through random work and 'dirty' deeds (done dirt cheap! yes, obviously I mean cleaning.) It'd give me something to write about at least. Why did my dad have to give me the "you're not getting any younger - you need to start a career" talk yesterday? Can I please travel for a little bit of my twenty somethings? Isn't this my time before being serious? If we make it through 2012, can I start being serious the day after we emerge unscathed?

Merry Christmas.

Update: More thought processing - maybe I SHOULD go to Indiana for a while. Have a solid homebase, get some sort of a job, save up money FOR this concocted psuedo-novelistic idea of mine. Get reacquainted with relatives I haven't seen in a while, help them out a bit. It's the least I could do...

No comments: