Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay

No, I don't want to necessarily go back to Indiana... yet. Certainly do not wish to stay much longer in Northampton, however. I'd love to move up to Maine or Vermont and work on a farm.... tend to a place, force myself to learn new things, become a REAL self sufficient woman. obviously would be better if I had someone to tend to as well... make meals, knit and sew, have some lil animals running around... Why couldn't this happen? I want this to happen. I need this adventure in my life. I'm so tired of being a mouse in a cupboard. I am super tough and awesome, hear me roar, dammit.

1 comment:

DeMorro said...

So why don't you do it? It doesn't have to be in Maine or Vermont either, they have farms in Indiana too...

If you really want to nomad for a while, look into work-camping. Basically, you work at camp sites for a stipend for a few weeks as well as room and board (depending on the situation). If you wanna do it, do it NOW. You're not going to have the same chances to do these things at 35 compared to 25.

Or look for a farm job/internship. I dig that stuff too.