Sunday, January 30, 2011

Plan #8675309

I don't want to be in this awkward living situation anymore. It's been too weird, I made my valiant attempt to duke it out for as long as I have, and the stressful home environment leaves no room for anything good to happen.
Delta left me a voice message for the second or third time. My friend (who persuaded me to apply, is a flight attendant himself - and a graciously wonderful person) urged me last night to at least entertain the idea and call them back, see what they want at least. It's been a while since I've seen that friend, and he was calmly reassuring. Basically said I don't belong - dealing with these jerk bosses, that I could be my own boss.
I agreed.
I'm sorry, dad. I know you can't deal with the idea of me taking such a leap of faith, that you don't think I can handle it, but how am I supposed to know that if I don't try? My friend even has such complete faith in me that he wants to help loan me money for a car... but see, I don't even want that. I'm sure I could figure out a way to get from place to place that doesn't involve me having to personally obtain a vehicle, given the fact that with what I've experienced with cars, I will admit I'm quite petrified of them, but am an excellent co-pilot - so I find a carpool. Something. Bus transportation is apparently cheap these days.
I need to test these public relation skills to the max... and these situations that I'm in AREN'T CUTTING IT. They're all pushing me back from my real potential. You've seen it shine before, but the sun's been gone for way too long. It's got to come out again, it can't here.
Funny how we had the sarcastic exchange on the phone yesterday about letting each other know when the other finds nirvana. I got the voice message from Delta later on in the evening.
I'd have extensive training (which I need and want) and would get paid for it. I'd get health benefits. And yes, I know I'd need to go get my leg 'fixed' (or whatever is wrong with it, healed)
Everything you think I won't be good at I want to challenge completely. The bullshit has always made me stronger. It's what keeps me going - as warped as it may be.
Understatement of my life: I've gotten too damn personal with the world.
(If I get the position I hope to have an interview with this week, Plan #8675309 might be canceled and rerouted.)

No comments: