Wednesday, May 25, 2011

is there any danger? no no, not really...

Thank the bright neon green nailpolish on my fingers that never usually wear girly paint for this rendition of Good and Bad: the past couple weeks edition.
+ Joyous car ride excursions and singalongs with THEE ultimate driver, gabrielle hernandez. Last week was chock full of scenic pastures and cows and merry mountains and even DAVID CASSIDY was on the radio - cut to gaby and I belting "I Think I love you" at the top of our lungs as she sped up and past a girl who WAS behind us but was trying to pass us at a notsogreat intersection - while not paying attention on her cell. Movies were watched, Wackos were consumed... songs were constantly made up and sang... which leads me to...
+ "The Rapture" (or, the 'end of the world') = Having a day full of odd coincidences, and a debauchery filled night drinking whiskey, laughing with friends, and playing with cute dogs.
+ Going to the movies to see 'The Beaver' last night with the best group'a'pals and laughing our butts off in a theatre entirely to ourselves (seriously, Mel Gibson and a puppet fight each other.) secretly drinking da nips... and then I felt empathetic for a diner waitress who didn't really deserve the empathy? (while we were leaving, she f'ed one of my friends over by making them pay twice (she secretly snatched his money off the table beforehand.) then I felt stupid to have felt bad for her - but, she still looked pretty glum... and waitressing gets pretty depressing.

- The only negative right now... I can't stop worrying about my Grandma back in Fort Wayne... she has been in the hospital for a week or so, she's down to 68 pounds and is not eating; has a feeding tube. A few months ago, she had made the decision of never leaving her favorite chair and has been wearing Depends since (my Uncle takes care of her) and.. to be honest this has where she has always really resided - with a beer, a cigarette, a book, the television, and the radio. My Grandpa, who was similarly inactive in his last few years with us, passed away when I was in seventh grade... and it was incredibly tough. My Great Aunt, who lived by herself in Upstate NY, was just the same... and passed away when I was down working at Disneyworld... and I was a mess, because I couldn't even make it to the funeral. Danforth's are very stubborn in nature, and very dormant/seclusive. Apparently my Grandma just... stopped eating. I told my cousin to please pass along a message from me telling her to eat... and that I love her. This is going to be gnawing on my brain.

Made some important decisions today in regards to what lies ahead in the next couple months. Going to see to it that it spans out accordingly.


No comments: