Sunday, May 15, 2011

the latitude and longitude of people

This has been a weekend full of cartoon episodes/movies, beer, a good book, a great friend, and even work - but that's where I read the good book while on the phone, so... piece of cake.
Made an actual list with said friend - all the 'creative endeavors' we are trying to get amped enough to buckle down on. It's insane when you think about how hard it is to sit down and concentrate on something that will obviously take time to make. (hah, yeah. that's about right.) Then I have to remind myself that things TAKE TIME and how I try to rush everything and so it always results into... something less desirable.
I had a dream last night about a dead talking head of a rabbit, so Gaby had me watch the animated version of The Maxx, and in it...
"Julie's spirit animal is a rabbit. When she was very young, Julie rescued a dying rabbit that lay in the road in front of her house (as seen in The Maxx #10). Julie later witnessed her mother bludgeoning the rabbit to death with a shovel to put it out of its misery. This traumatic event linked the rabbit to Julie's subconscious. Julie projects the rabbit onto Dave as she tries to take care of him like the rabbit she was unable to save. Maxx, who is linked to Julie and her spirit animal, worries that, if he removes his mask, she will find the head of a rabbit beneath it." (from Wikipedia.) Really amazing animation.
I have recently figured out that I'd really love to get into voicing cartoon characters. If there's one talent I've been rather confident of: it's my ability to talk.

No comments: