Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mucho Mango

Yesterday was long, non-stop social:

- Got caught up/coffee with lil miss Jackie, whom apparently is seeing someone who has been on Jeopardy. Sat on my used-to-be favorite stoop and apparently when I was zoning out, Jackie said some guy walking by was dreamily gazing upon me, to which she said, "You two should go to Paris."
- Walking back to my complex, I smelled a BBQ wafting in the air. When I was outside on my deck, I looked down to see a bunch of people from my complex having a cookout. They invited me down, and it was actually a group of individuals from Turkey, and they fed me a wrap of beef, veggies, lamb, and seasonings... and a Magic Hat to wash it down. They were fun to talk to, and apparently do little get togethers on occasion and told me I could join. There's moments when being the awkward white girl is absolutely okay. (And was what happened down in Disney when I'd hang out/work with my international friends.)
- Go to hang out with my lovebirds/loviedovies all the time, Cora and Kozak. Saw their wonderful photos of their set from Dr. Sketchys on Friday, went to Soora for the best spread of Japanese eats in a good while, went back - Cora and I were rocking out on guitar and piano, to which we already have our first song for our new band. Kozak let me borrow a little Casio keyboard which has been difficult to put down.
- Went out to dance not expecting much but was surprisingly good times about an hour in, was having great times with Wayne and Aaron - and a bunch of us hung outside talking and jamming on my keyboard until I went home and craaaashed.

While I was bummed Friday night for having my shift canceled yesterday, I definitely made up for it in good times. All we all ever want is good times.


Alisa has an absolutely remarkable painting/print of a Gustav Klimt painting right behind this laptop and I CAN'T STOP STARING.

No comments: