Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I don't wanna be a curmuuuudgeon.

Bipolar days are really difficult - especially when you don't want to annoy anyone else with anything upsetting you may be feeling. After having felt particularly upbeat up until getting ready for work, everything seemed to reverse itself afterwards.
Taking a new bus route makes me super nervous and easily agitated, and while timing it out is generally a piece of cake, the traffic in this specific direction is a constant variant, and there I was at 4:20, panic stricken that I wouldn't make it to my 5pm shift in time, and still feeling bummed about my dad's package (he supposedly sent me a webcam so we could skype. if this was seriously swiped I am giving the stink eye to every noho bum for the rest of my time spent here. my roommate told me how our apartment complex is a bum's favorite spot to swipe packages.) so ANYWAYS, five minutes later, it finally pulls up. I grab the change in my pocket (what I thought was five quarters) and I hop on. Smiling, giving eye contact, and saying hi (like I always do to bus drivers) I drop the coins in, and go to sit in the back of the bus.
Not even getting a moment to get comfortable and stop freaking out, the bus driver yells, "THIS IS ONLY 1.05. I NEED 20 MORE CENTS FROM YOU."
Sheesh. They make the new nickels look like quarters. Oh so sorry, sir.
So me and my frozen hands attempt to rummage through my coin purse for twenty more cents. A nice gal near me offered it - but I'd found it right then. I get up while the bus is in motion and drop it in. I apologized and didn't get a response. Persnickety old man.
With twenty minutes remaining, I arrive at the mall, and began my fifteen minute journey across the super terrifying route 9, and onto the equally terrifying street off of route 9, squeezing myself to the side of the road best as I can while cars barrel by. (excuse my french, but it calmed me to chant 'fuck a duck' after each car passed.)
Luckily I GOT THERE AT 5pm! With my nose running each which way and whatnot. Composing myself in my workstation took a little bit of effort, for some reason I was so shook up I teared up a little. So then without wanting anyone to notice (especially the incredibly attractive guy two cubicley things down from me (they aren't actual full cubicles. a desk with walls, if you may) I made them stop, picked up my phone, and began. Got my first assessment, my rates are 'pretty good', for what I was told, did a survey with who had a really soothingly deep sexy voice (actually talked him into doing the survey, was reluctant at first - think he was enjoying it for the same reason? how could fellow buckeyes not like me.. I'd be an even sadder panda...) had not just one, but two, three - THREE CRAPPY CUPS OF COFFEE, 10pm came around, and I WAS CAFFEIN-ELATED! So then I put on the earphones and began my cold dark journey back to the mall, happy I'd at least get to sit in the little bus stop cubicle thingy ----
to find a UMass couple practically on top of each other making out and being all giggley while the few others that were waiting were obviously uncomfortably forced to wait outside of it, trying to ignore it. Inwardly fuming, I went over and sat on the frozen curb, staring at my ipod although wishing I was strong enough to just simply say something like, 'do you mind? we're all freezing here.' Duked it out, made it on the bus, was totally going in and out of consciousness (so tired...) right as I got off in town, the crosswalk was chirpin', so with my headphones still bumpin, I decided to run like a madwoman across the street.
All of a sudden, I get a tap on my shoulder. Whirling around in complete surprise and and quasi fright, was a man that had been on the bus in front of me, holding my cellphone... which fell out of my jacket when I was running. Lifesaver.
Got a grinder at Mimmos... was convinced to go eat it in the company of two good friends at Hugos, sittin' at the bar, watching the Daily Show and Colbert discussing it and laughing hysterically - whilst being completely sober. just SLUNKED (sleep deprivation drunk.)
Why I'm still awake? I don't know. Thanks to Donald Trump though, I will be writing a ridiculous fictitious story in my downtime. When I'm not pooped.


EDIT: It was PMS! Why do I always think I'm more messed up than I really am...

No comments: