Sunday, February 27, 2011

intimate lamp

I haven't been to a house party in a very long time, and feel compelled to write about this as if I were a little awkward girl writing about her experience in her little paper journal:

My friends Cora, Adam, Eon, Pam, and I went to the 'Chicken Ranch' party. It was weird. I brought a bottle of Jim Beam nipper filled Diet Coke, and continued with cans of IPA with snapperfish emblazoned on them. The crew set up their equipment in a strange attic. I attempted to socialize away from them and failed: drank more. Ate some salad. Looked at some purple hair. Overheard some mediocre conversations. Two people I actually knew showed up... actually, I made them come. Watched my friends make twinkles that everybody enjoyed. A few fuzzy events and some time elapsed = Alisa, Cora and I DJ-ing a little IPod in a corner of the kitchen while the masses conversed. Too hip to breathe. Had to leave. Watched Eddie Izzard, fell asleep on a couch, and had a weird dream about a bookstore. FIN.

No comments: