Wednesday, February 2, 2011

People in Motion



Not having the internet forces me to go to coffee shops and feel sufficiently awkward in the sense that I'm not doing anything particularly as profound as the people around me, it kind of leaves me with a daunting feeling - but I love watching people so content in their readings and various activities. My friend Will is a mere few feet across from me, heavily invested in a book and a note pad at his side, randomly scribbling. (He's also incredibly adorable - always has been.)

"Ooh, child, things are going to get easier. Ooh child things will get brighter."



Hopefully they will, today I finally got the guts to call my landlord to inform him that I will be moving out by the end of the month. I'm the kind of person that is petrified of scary things such as important phone calls - and letting other people down. But - honesty was necessary, comfort is needed, and non-existent at the moment.


"To keep in silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut

Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut

So I went from day to day
Oh, my life was in a rut

'Til I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut."





So where I will be moving to in a month - remains a mystery? Have the potential path of living in an artsy house near a lot of close friends, so that could be a soothing, healing idea for a little while --- prospective job too, with my managers being the coolest married couple I've ever met thus far in my travels. (I don't think married couples get any cooler than these two, as far as I'm concerned.)


Lost decade, that's what the news is saying we're in. "Rescuing ourselves from this era of diminished expectations is going to require far more than disseminating rosy projections about this year's stock market while touting the innate power of American business." (Source)


On the path of rescuing myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"O-o-h Child" is a seminal song from the Black Power era. The lyrics are, arguably, not directed toward a child (or an early 2000s white hipster girl... that is for certain) but rather for a young country dealing with nasty, deadly racial strife. Although, it is a lovely song. Not many people know who the Five Stairsteps are, let alone the context of the song.


Interesting context you placed the song into though.